The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing program is a four year, full-time, regular daytime undergraduate degree program. The School of Nursing is a fall-entry only program, with an application deadline of February 1 for enrollment the following semester.
Chaminade’s unique four-year nursing curriculum immerses students in nursing preparation from the first day, with nursing coursework in the first semester, as well as nursing-related content incorporated into general education course requirements. Experience with human-patient simulators builds knowledge, insight and confidence prior to working with patients. Community outreach projects, service-learning and supervised clinical experiences result in nursing professionals well-prepared to care for patients and to help ensure the health of Hawaii, the Pacific and beyond.
The School of Nursing’s core values include holism, caring, community, service, diversity, integrity, and commitment. Our programs incorporate the Marianist values of lifelong learning and community service, which are necessary in providing the student with the leadership qualities necessary for professional practice. The curriculum for our undergraduates program is consistent with the Baccalaureate Essentials of Nursing produced by the American Association of Collegiate Nursing. The nursing program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
A Personal Learning Experience
At Chaminade, our faculty are dedicated teachers. Our nationally recognized nursing instructors have years of practical experience to share. Campus-wide, small class sizes encourage a wealth of interaction between faculty and students. Chaminade University fosters a positive, rewarding learning environment for all students.
This positive environment promotes learning for nursing students through a dynamic simulation facility with high fidelity human simulators. In the clinical world, we expose students to multiple patient care settings in acute, long-term care and community care settings. Our students participate in International Clinical Immersions. Our clinical partners share our passion to prepare the professional nurse at the highest level of excellence.
- Provide a university program leading to a baccalaureate degree in nursing;
- Ensure an educational foundation in the humanities, biological, physical, and social sciences;
- Foster an attitude of intellectual and critical inquiry that promotes evidence based practice;
- Provide an educational experience that emphasizes engagement of students;
- Create a collegial environment that fosters professional development of students;
- Prepare students for professional nursing roles in a dynamic health care system; and
- Provide a foundation for graduate study.