The application deadline for the nursing program is February 1. Please note, nursing students are only admitted for fall semester enrollment (there are no spring semester admits).
Chaminade University welcomes applications from all students who have the ability, motivation, and preparation to benefit from a bachelor’s degree in our nursing program.
The admission procedure for our School of Nursing is as follows:
To be considered for the program, you must meet the requirements for nursing.
- Apply to Chaminade University. Complete an application to Chaminade, and select nursing as your major. Send in all required documents. (You may start this process by filling out the online application to Chaminade University.)
- In addition to Chaminade University’s admission requirements, to be considered for the School of Nursing please submit the following documents with your application:
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation (required)
- A one-page personal statement
- Once Admissions has your completed packet, your documents will be forwarded to the School of Nursing, and applicants will be notified of the School of Nursing’s admission decision after February 1. The process is highly competitive, with 72 students admitted each year.
- If accepted, applicants may submit a $150 non-refundable tuition deposit beginning March 1. The tuition deposit signifies your intent to enroll in the School of Nursing, and reserves your spot for the upcoming year. We recommend that tuition deposits be made on, or soon after, the March 1 opening date.
Once a student is accepted into the School of Nursing, satisfactory performance must be maintained to progress through the course sequence and graduate. (See the Chaminade University Catalog School of Nursing pages for specific requirements listed under the subhead “Progression.”
Answer these questions/cover these topics in your personal statement:
- Why do you want to become a nurse?
- Why do you want to attend the Chaminade nursing program?
- Describe any community service activities pertaining to health care that you may have been involved with.