Academic Practice Partnerships
Community outreach projects, service-learning and supervised clinical experiences result in nursing professionals well-prepared to care for patients and to help ensure the health of the public in Hawaii, the Pacific and beyond. Here are some of the many health care facilities that participate in clinical partnerships with Chaminade:
- Military Serving Institutions 4%
- International and Hawaiian Islands 10%
- Hospice Care Facilities 4%
- Community and Public Health Services 36%
- Subacute and Skilled Nursing Facilities 16%
- Acute Care Facilities 18%
- Psychiatric Services 9%
- Other 3%
Military Serving Institutions
- Tripler Army Medical Center
- U.S. VETS-Barber’s Point Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
International and Hawaiian Islands
- Department of Health Services, State of Chuuk
- Na Pu’uwai, Inc.
Hospice Care Facilities
- Bristol Hospice
- Hawai’i Island Hospice
- St. Francis Healthcare System of Hawai’i Hospice
Community and Public Health Service
- Adult Protective Service-Dpt. of Human Services Aloha Mission
- Catholic Charities Hawai’i
- Chaminade University Montessori Laboratory School
- Hawai’i State Department of Health
- Hawai’i State Center for Nursing
- Honolulu Community Action Program*
- Institute for Human Services
- Kalihi-Palama Health Center Kamehameha Schools
- Liberty Dialysis PU’A Foundation
- Disease Outbreak Control Division State of Hawai’i Department of Health
- Public Health Nursing Branch State of Hawai’i Department of Health
- Department of Public Safety (WCF, WCCC, Halawa)
- The Ko’olauloa Community Health and Wellness Center
- The Salvation Army
- Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
- Waikiki Health Center
- Waimanalo Health Center
Subacute and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Avalon Care Center
- LLC Hale Ku’ike Bayside
- LLC Island Nursing Home, INC.
- Kahala Nui Senior Living Community, Inc.
- Kulana Malama
- Liliha Healthcare Center
Acute Care Facilities
- Castle Medical Center
- Hawai’i Pacific Health Affiliation
- Straub Clinic
- Hospital Kapi’olani Medical Center
- Pali Momi Medical Center
- Kahuku Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Hawai’i Region Kuakini Geriatric Care, Inc.
- Kuakini Medical Center
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children
- The Queen’s Medical Center
- Wahiawa General Hospital
- Care Hawai’i, Inc.
- Hale Kipa, Inc.
- Hawai’i State Hospital* Po’ailani Inc.
- State of Hawai’i Department of Health
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Steadfast Housing Development Corporation
- Sutter Health Pacific – Kahi Mohala Wailua Brandman
In 2011-2012, nursing students participated in Project SHINE, Next Step Homeless Shelter, Palolo Ohana Learning Center, therapeutic activities with animals, Palolo Head Start, Kokua Kalihi Valley, Inclusive Recreation (IRec), and an airport triage simulation. Sophomore nursing students conducted a health assessment using community based research techniques and created a collection of oral histories from residents of long term care facilities.